AntiGravity® Yoga is a fitness regimen designed by Christopher Harrison to increase one's overall health and physical agility while having fun.
Although the technique was originally created for performers it has been modified and perfected to be available for all abilities. You do not need to be an experienced yogi or fitness practitioner to gain the benefits of Aerial Yoga.
What to expect
The class is 55mins long, where you will move, stretch, hang and swing in your very own Harrison AntiGravity® Hammock. It may be difficult to picture yourself “going upside down” in your first class but that is exactly what you will achieve (if inversions are right for you on the day). The hammock cradles your body providing much needed support, allowing gravity to slowly realign the body.
Drop all expectations and approach our studio with an open mind……. Release your inhibitions, trust your hammock and trust your instructor-they will do the rest.
- AntiGravity® Yoga will decompress your joints and spine through gentle traction.
- Increased flexibility & joint mobility
- Reduced muscular tension
- Hanging freely will provide length to your spine and relieve stress from your vertebrae.
- Your core will strengthen and lengthen while you perform deeper stretches and longer holds.
- Low impact conditioning as well as lower & upper limb strength.
- Hanging inverted refreshes the lymphatic, digestive and circulatory systems.
- Your body will then release “happy hormones” serotonin, endorphins, oxytocin and dopamine.
- Increased self-esteem & mindfulness in the present moment.
- All students new to AntiGravity® yoga are required to complete a 4week Fundamental Beginners block before progressing onto the open classes.
- (you may choose to attend more beginners classes until you are comfortable to move on)
- Please arrive 10mins early to your first class to ensure enough time to get acquainted with your teacher and the studio.
- Please print, read and sign the AntiGravity® waiver and our pre-exercise checklist and bring them along with you.